For
Halloween this year we decided we would all dress up as some type of
'driver'. Kendell planned to be a biker, Knox a pilot, Mads a train
engineer (with a box train stroller) and I would be a long haul truck
driver. Kendell worked Halloween night and had to leave by 5:20 and our
ward's truck or treat started at 5:00. It seems history keeps repeating
itself because this day came and the only preparation that had been done
was Knox's costume. So
here is our cute little pilot (with a handful of cheetos), a sleepy
costume-less Madden, and a motorcross/biker?....Ash and Kendell. As much
as I'd like to think otherwise, I'm sure next year will have a very
similar story.
We
also spent some overdue time on the yard and planted 12 pine trees out
back. Our friend Blake dug the holes and saved us from cussing our rocky
ground, again.
While
I'm updating, I feel our little tarped beauty out back deserves an
introduction. She's our recent fall addition and although she may hurt
your eyes, she has heaping potential..or so Kendell tells me. Once I
get it all gutted I'm sure i'll feel the same. We aren't sure how long
she'll be with us, but I expect many, many laughs and good memories this summer. You can bet her twin beds on it!
Also,
we celebrated Mad's half birthday with a round 6 month shots. He of
course hated it but as usual, a trooper. Fun fact: He's well surpassed
Knox's height/weight when he was that age. I think he's going to be one
big dude. Did you hear that Knox? One. big. dude....remember that. :)
These
two have been the best of buds lately. Madden laughs at Knox's
shenanigans all day long and always wants to be touching Knox's face.
It's a little surprising seeings how Knox tries to pick him up like
4589798 times a day by the head, wrestle him by laying flat on him and
wiggling, open mouth kisses and his personal favorite, putting his hand
over Madden's nose and mouth until Mads freaks. However, it's tender
little moments like these that make me forget about it all.
We
visited Santa at the mall. Knox and Kendell waited in line, totally
stoked, and totally rehearsed as to what they were asking the big guy
for. That is until he actually got on his lap and the helpers tried to
make him let go of daddy's hand. Not cool elf lady...not cool! Also, one
of those south pole elves came and chewed me and Mads out for taking a
picture in their direction...
For
Christmas, my family would all be in town the days leading up to
Christmas so obviously we needed a week long party. It was SO much fun!
We loved getting so spend time with everyone and Knox was happy to have
some little people around. Lots of food, sledding, games, and laughs.
Knox got all his cousins 'Pom Pom' hats to wear sledding
oh heck...
And
of course, we went to Jackson swimming in the 15 passenger van and ate
at Wendy's on the way home. It was so much fun, but I think my favorite
moment was the gift exchange. This year, we decided to draw names and
make a 'childrens' book and buy a gift and treat that pertained to the
book. As always, everyone went above and beyond the requirements. My mom
and dad made Kurt's family a cloth book that had each letter of the
alphabet along with a little rhyme and picture to go with. Kurt had
Kory's and made him a book with all of our family games and the rules
for each. Kory gave us a book that had everyone's favorite motorbiking
memory. We gave Meg an ISpy book that had to do with the family. Meg
gave mom and dad a book with every car they have ever owned and a funny
blooper about each. For the LIFE of me I can't figure out why I don't
have a picture of this. It's probably because I was boobing the entire
time- but really...haha. I love seeing what people come up with and
without fail, those dang homemade gifts are the highlight of our week
and a forever keepsake.
We spent Christmas morning at our house and after Kendell and I
staying up until one in the morning sewing stick horses,wrapping
presents, and working on our 'some assembly required'. It was all worth
it when Knox came running into the room that morning doing his fist pump
happy dance. As magical as Christmas was for me growing up, nothing
tops seeing your kids experience the magic for themselves. Christmas is
ten times better with kids running around and I'm banking on that morning only
getting better!
This is Knox giving this year's Christmas his own version of 'thumbs up'. We'll see you next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment