My little boy is one! How has time flown so quickly? To be honest, I've never really understood when parents have said that. How could someone be so baffled that after 20 years, their baby isn't a baby? It's only been a year, and I am already missing the infant stage. The older Knox is getting, the more and more I am understanding that if I don't cherish every single second, I'm going to regret it. Good or bad, someday I will look back on this time and wonder where it all went. It's inevitable. So I've had to learn to enjoy each day regardless of how frustrated, happy, or sleepless it may be. Teething, fever and all! I will never, ever get it back. I've also come to realize just how blessed we are to have this sweet boy in our lives. There are no words that describe the light and joy he's brought to our home. He is such a happy, smiley and loving kid. My favorite time of the day is when he's been fed, bathed, teeth brushed, prayers said, and sleeping peacefully in his crib. With bags under my eyes, jam and snot on my shirt, and my hair in a messy, greasy pony tail...I kneel to pick up his toys (which are scattered from every corner of the house). It is without fail, regardless of the chaotic day we've had, that I feel so humbled and so grateful to be this boy's mom. That Heavenly Father trusted ME with his precious child. Each new day, he teaches me patience, forgiveness, kindness, and selflessness. He has strengthened my testimony and has given Kendell and I motivation to be better. I am forever changed because of this one year old. I hope to do him justice in raising him. Lately I have come to the realization (yes, it's just now come) that I am responsible to teach him everything. Right from wrong, good from evil, and to help him gain a testimony of the gospel and if his Savior. I believe there is NO greater responsibility. That's what this life is all about. I know in my heart, that he will impact so many lives and that he has such a calling and purpose in this life. I can't wait to see what this life has in store for him.
With that being said, He brought the big year in with non other than his true loves- all things engines! And cake of course. From an early age, he has pushed around a truck while making it's correct sound. This goes for every car/motorbike/truck he owns. I'm amazed how he remembers it all. I feel Kendell is responsible for most of that; however, I feel my contribution was attending truck races while even 35 weeks pregnant -Your welcome, buddy! Anyway, Kendell and I thought it would be fun to celebrate all things on wheels. We had the family dress in jerseys and a cake was made based off our RC trucks. Knox had his own cake that was a tire, and of course we were dumb enough to have it black. It stained his mouth, face, and anything else it touched. But he loved it and even sang happy birthday to himself. He doesn't like the attention any...ya RIGHT! He eats it up. It's times like this that I have no idea where he came from. Luckily, (because of Thanksgiving) we were able to have cousins here from out of town. It was so fun and we are so thankful he could be surround by those he loves on his special day. Happy 1st Birthday, Knox-man!
No comments:
Post a Comment