Ashley's Version-
Because Kendell has NEVER experienced going to get a real Christmas Tree, I felt it necessary to pack the Jeep with goodies, warm clothes, hit up Subway to go and find us a perfect (and small) pine tree for the little dudes room. While driving the dirt roads, Kendell finds the "perfect" tree on the side of the road. I'm pretty sure it was like a foot tall and required glasses to see it. He was serious about it. I wasn't. And after I had a good laugh, we continued on. Soon he slammed on the breaks and found another "perfect tree". This one was smack dab in the middle of a hill. I told him we should probably hike to it seeings how there was a creek that went through it. He had a better idea. He inched his way to the creek until we dropped through the ice. Front first in the creek. He tried for probably 30 minutes to get us out. At first he was acting totally calm, as if this was a fun adventure. Soon after finding out that he hadn't brought his wench, we were dead in the water. Literally. So we got Knox dressed and came out to play. Soon some good Samaritans came and saved us. They had to have thought we were idiots for even trying and shouldn't be allowed on the roads let alone the mountains. We had fun, and I could really care less. But for the record, If I was in a real pickle in the mountains, mud, sand, or blizzard, my first call would be to Kendell. He's good with this kind of stuff. So back to my story, we parked (on dry ground) and hiked to our tree. It didn't look as prefect as it did from the road, but it 'wood' do. Okay....I've got to get some sleep, my jokes are only funny to myself now. Anyway, Knox had a ball. He loved jumping through the puddles and freezing his hands in the snow. We finally got back to the Jeep and stuffed the tree in with Knox. Yes the tree was that small. However, we were a little less enthusiastic about decorating it when we got home as you can tell from the picture. But it was definitely a day for the books. Also, Kendell will probably mention their dog being cool and pretty. False! It was scary, big, and the owners panicked when it got off the leash, twice. TRUTH.
Kendell's Version-
We got bored a few weeks before Christmas and decided we were going to go cut down a fresh tree. So we packed up in the golden Heep and headed up past kelly's. We drove about three miles in when we spotted the "perfect tree."Then... Ash had to say "babe don't go up there, we will get stuck." I had no choice at that point. I picked the spot that looked the most flat. There was a creek that was frozen over between us and the tree. As we pulled forward the front end of the jeep sunk. The front tires had broken through the ice. We were stuck. Luckily some fellow tree hunters stumbled upon us and pulled us out. They were from IF and had a gorgeous mastiff dog. Once the jeep was back on the road Knox had fun splashing through puddles and slipping down hills.
Above is our Fake tree upstairs.
Below...weeeelllll it's got spirit.
Kendell doesn't know you can caption pictures, he's new. But seriously....look at that tree. If you can even call it that. Below is Jeepy in it's muddy glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment