After a long 4 years, It finally happened. I graduated from college! I knew from the start that this would be a rough go. I hate school and I always have. There were SO many days I was ready to give up. But for those of you who know my family, that was not an option (which I am now thankful for). I finally decided to just grit my teeth and stick with it. Now having graduated, I've had the chance to look back at my experience and remember what exactly I learned. I'm not talking about the academic part, but the life lessons that followed. Back when I finished high school, I thought life was over. ha ha a little dramatic I know, but for me, that was my comfort zone. High school for me, were the best years of my life. School came easy. I loved my friends and the sports I played and I had not a care in the world. The idea of moving on from that, and understanding that things would NEVER be the same came extremely hard for me. When I left for college, I knew my whole world was going to changed. My friends were gone, I moved out, and for the first time in my life I had to rely on myself. That scared me to death! I think what scared me the most was that I had no idea who I really was. When I look back on that, I want to cry. That 18 year old girl had so much to offer to the world and was too scared to do it. I am blown away with the change that I've seen within me. I can honestly say, that college has been the years in which I truly found myself and what I stood for. I've been taught so many thing by so many great people. Lee Brice had it right....
Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy
Once again, I find myself in the same position I was 4 years ago. I am scared to death to move on from the life I've known for so long. The difference this time and last, is that I'm doing it with my best friend. Although I hate change and scared to death of what's to come, I know that nothing is bad enough if Kendell is by my side. I feel so blessed to be where I am today. The future has so many possibilities, and I'm excited to experience them! I CAN make a difference in this world, and I won't be afraid to try.
This is my fellow intern! We spent MAAAANY days together at Fremont Probation.
Thanks for always supporting me family!
A few from the Social Work class.
No comments:
Post a Comment