This is my absolute favorite time of year -Seriously guys, I'm a nut. There's just something about the holiday season; People are in such giving and happy moods! Name another month in which you receive wishful Christmas cards from those you maybe haven't seen in years, neighbors exchange treats and gifts, lights, holiday music on just about every station and above all, I'm allowed to sit in the J's and eat as much caramel as I want without a single disgusted look. Kendell laughs at me, but if I could freeze time forever on Christmas Eve, believe you me....I would! Come Christmas day I actually become depressed- I do. Not because presents are all opened or parties are over, but because the magic is gone from that point forward! People become grouchy again, lights come down, you become to busy too stop in and say hello to neighbors and everyone switches their focus to losing weight- drives me crazy! So as preposterous as you all may think I am, I start the holiday early. This year Christmas lights went up at the first of November (as did my tree) and I'm pretty sure we watched,
How the Grinch Stole Christmas and
Polar Express about 20 times- No lie! Knox loves them, at least that's the excuse I'm sticking to. But really, he would laugh and laugh at the most random parts. It's adorable seeing his cute sense of humor form and his
very large personality show through. This was Knox's first Christmas and Kendell and I were so excited to focus on just him. It won't be forever that he'll have our undivided attention so we definitely savored every moment. I also thought long and hard of traditions that I want for our little family. That's when I came up with 'Merry Slumber-party'. How fun would it be to pull one of the beds out into the living room. PJ's, Elf, and a large portion of junk food- fun right? Well, we decided to hit up the Big Juicy Red Head, aka "Wendy's" for some burgers, fries and a frosty before starting the celebration. We had fun, However; as the slumber-party went on, Knox became less excited about laying down and more interested in jumping, playing 'dead head' on us and squealing louder than the TV at any volume. Eventually Knoxer went to bed and Kendell and I stuffed our faces in peace. I'd consider the night a success, seeings how we didn't move the bed for a week. It soon became the 'New Years Slumber-Party' bed. Kidding, we all know we were sound asleep before even the 10 o'clock news came on.
Here's to our Great Christmas and a Hopeful New Year!
This is probably my favorite picture of the bunch. He has such funny face expressions.
Above- Christmas Morning with the cousins
Below- Of course it wouldn't be an Olaveson shin-dig if we didn't play some hoops.
Some of them winners...others not so much:)
Knox loves his engines. He laughs, sings, and growls the
entire time and rocks if you stop. He's definitely his daddy's boy
and I'm completely okay with that.
I wish I could post a video of this event because his face was priceless! The rain had hardened the snow so it was almost like you were ice skating. So Kendell would just run and push Knox in the sleigh and he'd glide forever! I thought maybe he wouldn't really know what to think of it, but he was in seventh heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment