Thursday, January 15, 2015

I can't forget!

One thing I've learned about kids is that each day is completely different from the next. Just when I think we've seen the light, pan boy reminds me we're starting back at square one. He keeps me laughing and in chasing him around all day, there are so many times I think I want to remember this! I can't forget to write this down! So before I forget, I'm going to jot down a few. 

  • Knox was born to rock. One of his favorite things to do is have Kendell turn on rock music while the two head bang, bounce and scream. You've never seen such a happy kid....and I think Knox likes it too.
  •  He gets so so frustrated when you tell him "no" or tell him he can't do something that he reeeeally wants to do. His tantrum usually consists of clenching fists and shaking his whole body (including head), belts some baby rubbish and flaps his arms like he's trying to fly. Then he's done. I've never seen something so funny. I finish with him and usually go in the room to cry from laughter. Then I call Kendell in to do the same. We can just picture this 40 year old at work when someone tells him that they ate a few of his fries.
  •  During prayers, he usually sits (facing me) on my lap while I hold his crossed arms. At any given moment I can open an eye and he has his face about 3 inches from mine with the most cheesy smile you've ever seen. Again, very VERY hard not to laugh. So I usually give him a kiss on his nose. We repeat that about 10 times during the prayer. I think I'm really helping with the problem.
  • He has a few hiding spots from me when I tell him it's time to change his diaper- Under the high chair and under the dining table. He's always known he was safe for a bit under there until one day I climbed under the table. Mind blown. Now he just runs around the island. 
  • Baths are his absolute favorite! When I turn the bath water on, I can usually count to about 5 and without fail he bolts around the corner towards me like it was Christmas morning. His favorite is to squat right under the faucet and then lay on his belly and kick his legs. I also tell him about 15 times not to drink the water. 
  •  He loves to wrestle and roll around with Kendell and I. "Steam roller" is a favorite and all we have to say is, "Knox, go git em!" And he grits his teeth and he's coming. He whips up on just about anything. Pillows, balls...anything really. He also likes to fake karate. 
  • His favorite word is "dad" and he says it even when Kendell isn't around. He says it so funny. Daaaaaaaaaad. It a deep raspy voice. haha It's the only word he does that with. He says it when he misses dad, when we say bye-bye to dad when he leaves for work and when he sees a picture. Any picture really. He can also say mom, bots-Our dog Boxer, bas -bath, moe -more and bob -we don't know a bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment