Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Plague



Throughout my relatively  healthy 25 years, I can honestly say that I've never experienced a having a cold so bad that I couldn't sleep, breath, or talk due to congestion and a sore throat from hell. Truly! And if that wasn't bad enough, times it by 2. Knox was unlucky as well and between the two of us, it's made for a miserable few weeks to say the least. Sorry for the blurry picture, but this pretty much sums up how we've been feeling around this joint. Today marks the ten day anniversary of this beloved plague. Somehow Kendell has managed to glide through without so much of a sniffle, but to be honest I'm not sure which is better- being sick or pretending to be okay with the tissue mess, dishes/laundry stacked to high heaven and hot pocket dinners waiting for him when he gets home from work. He has been so great about picking up the slack. He also watches Knox while I take hour long baths and that is why he is definitely my favorite husband. Hopefully we're on the home stretch and the feeling of this is how I'm going to to die are past us. However Knox felt pretty warm yesterday (not to mention the worst burn on his seat from all the diarrhea- I know, TMI!) and he woke up with a whopping 102.5 degree fever today. My heart ached for him. As if he needs that right now! It's funny that as soon as you become a parent, you actually find yourself WISHING that you could take every bit of pain, sickness, and sadness away from your kids. Regardless of how crappy I've been feeling, he is my number one concern and his needs come first. Needless to say, I've set aside the whole day tomorrow to scrub this house from top to bottom. My greasy hair is going up in a pony and whatever plague that's made itself at home WILL be gone- tomorrow! Oh, and hot pockets will not be on the menu. You're welcome, babes! :)

On A happier note, I've been able to have lots of snuggles from my little man- although lately he's been growling every time I give him a hug. Literally. It's a deep, teeth clenched together kind of growl. I'd be concerned if it wasn't so darn cute. He's also been jumping off anything and everything (to Kendell and I  of course). And when I say jumping, I really mean lean forward with arms to the side all while being stiff as a board. He actually growls while doing that too so I guess I feel somewhat better. He's on cloud nine until he jumps off the bed when Kendell and I aren't around... and gets a bloody nose. Guess we need to clarify.

Well, I should probably run to bed while Knox has finally fallen asleep. I feel like he and I are on two different sleep schedules. I've decided if I survive the next few days it will be an absolute miracle. Wish me luck! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I am so sorry!! I remember when Nolan was Knox's age everyone at our house got sick. It was the worst week of my life. We were so sick we couldn't move. So I totally understand what you are going through and it is the worst!! If we lived closer and if I wasn't sick I would come over and help!! I hope you both get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete