Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Boys, Bikes, and Beautiful Campers

Much has been going on here at the Horman abode. One of our most recent projects has been our 'Camp Castle'. Here in a few weeks, Kendell and I are going down to Moab, Utah to enjoy some sun, biking, family and of course the famous Jeep week. While planning, we decided to make this trip as inexpensive as possible. With that goal in mind, we looked high and low for a cheap hotel. We became frustrated to find that all the hotels were either booked or was about a hundred dollars more than any other day. While amusing, these prices were our of the question. We immediately had the grand idea to purchase a beat up camper and fix it up a bit. Keep in mind that when I say "a bit", I actually mean "I won't step foot in that thing until Clorox has touched every square inch of that flee infested pit of stink! Seriously, I'm not joking when I say it was bad. Kendell and I were well aware of the work that it needed but were up for the challenge. We were a bit nervous about putting it on a lifted truck, but with enough tie downs, anything is possible. We figured if anything it would bring adventure and  a 'whole lotta' laughable memories. During our week long gutting/ cleaning fananza, we had to remind ourselves several times that our goal was to make this trip as cheap as possible- which just happens to be our motto for most everything. For this reason, Kendell and I couldn't be more alike. I'll post some before and after pics when we get it finished!

Here's to hoping we don't lose our vacation home on the highway somewhere....
Knox-man has been learning to feed himself. He's shooting for the worlds slowest eater. Between you and I, I think he has a pretty good chance.
After 3 years of marriage, Kendell and I decided to throw out the 20 year 'hand-me-down' and splurge for something a bit newer. Who knew a person didn't have to lay on the ground and rock back and forth to get the the kinks out of their backs every morning. :) Kendell and his dad put together this bed frame and slowly the room is coming together. It also doubles as Knox's #1 hiding spot.
I absolutely love these two! You'd think their relationship would make me jealous, but actually it makes me feel the complete opposite. They are best friends and the way the Knox looks at Kendell makes me happier than anything I've ever felt. Kids are true happiness! I hope they forever stay close....and that they still hold hands when he's a teenager :) Joking! haha, could you imagine!?
A nose wipe is just really a fun killer...
It's a good think Knox likes motorbikes or he would have two VERY sad parents. Kendell and I have both been looking for 50's. Yes, we're jumping the gun a little but hey...it's for the kids....:)
Forts are a regular occurrence around this place. So is eating lunch in them. 
We also made the jump to the 'big boy seat'. Truly, every time Kendell or I look back at him we see this cheese. I'd say there's no going back. (Sorry for the blur)

Knox updates

* He gives us a million (opened mouth and completely slobbery) kisses and hugs us all day long. 

* We've finally learned to mind...more. It's like the wheels are turning and he's understanding me when I tell him to sit down, don't touch, be nice, where is our shoes? Simple but FANTASTIC milestone!

* Knox LOVES when we chase him around. He could play that all day long. Our Knees can not.

* He is such a curious little guy. I can always find him on his belly or knees looking at how something is put together. No idea how he got that ;)

* Friends aren't particularly his thing. He can play with them for a bit but would much rather do something by himself or be off throwing rocks randomly into the air. I haven't decided if that's a good or bad thing yet. 

* He doesn't like much consoling. If he falls and hurts himself he will come over to us and wants a quick  hug only to be set down and continue doing his thing. He's definitely all boy.

* He will yell 'Dada!' 'Dad!' 'Da!' 'Daaaaaaaddddaaaa!' 'Dad!' from his crib in the mornings. After a while, he'll finally mutter a 'Mom!' and we know he's given up hope. haha. On the days that Kendell doesn't work he'll go in and get him and Knox's day has been MADE! He can always hope, right?

* His favorite thing is pushing the button to open and close the garage door. It's just a known thing that it's his job, and sometimes we'll yell into the house for him to come do it. He's thrilled.

* He is SO interested in little babies which makes me both happy and nervous. When we see my little niece he puts his hands together and stares from about a foot away. He wants touch her nose and smiles ridiculously close to her. He gets really quite jealous when I hold her and suddenly wants my full attention.

* Whenever I draw the water for his bath, a naked boy WILL come running full speed.

* He smacks his lips together like a girl after we brush his teeth and put chapstick on him. Yes, girly or not we think it's absolutely adorable.

*Knox will point at us when he is really mad at us. It's seriously the cutest thing ever. He points while squishing his eyebrows together. If that's the worst it gets I'd say we're doing pretty good. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment