Sunday, July 19, 2015

Dear Knox (19 Months)



Before this becomes a 4 person blog, I thought I'd write a post about my little (but not so baby) boy. Knox, you're the most silly, strong willed, animated, and energetic kid I know- A boy's boy through and through. You have always been fun, but lately you've reaching the age now that you understand whats going on in the world around you. It's crazy how fast you learn! It makes me both sad and proud. That and a little worried at times. I hope I'm setting a good example for you. You do things in the day that I realize you've seen me do. Your dad and I love the fact that you get excited and find humor in things. You tease and fake laugh now. It's cute until you pretend your hitting baby or about to touch the hot stove just to get a rise out of me- You usually do. So I guess it works... One of my favorite things about you is your squinty-eyed, crinkled nose smile and the dimple below your right eye. Your nose also crinkles when you're pouting and quite frankly, I love them both the same. I'm sure your dad gets sick of me always saying, "Look how stinking cute he is!" "Oh my heck, I just want to pinch his little bum!" "Okay for reals, could he be anymore adorable?!" As if he isn't already aware. :)
Somehow you were born with a crazy good beat and moves like Jagger. You'd dance with complete strangers if they were willing.  I tell you a million times to be careful, slow down, watch the wall, tooooo hard- ya know, mom stuff. You don't listen. The go to moves are the one armed chicken (also your engine sounds) spinning in circles until you can't stand straight and my personal favorite, 'The Running Boy'. It's a straight legged, scissor kicking good time. Getting our dance on has become a morning routine. The three of us dance in our PJ's and sing like we know the words- 60% accurate. I hope you'll still dance with us even when your older and too cool for school-highly unlikely.
Something I've found particularly challenging  is your stubbornness. You can thank your dad for that. :) You also have a definite opinion that cannot be swayed, bribed or convinced otherwise. Candy, spankings, and every other discipline mean absolutely nothing to you so I'm still trying to figure out some trickery. We're recently trying the 'time out'. So far we've found our winner, for now anyways. You're also a very curiosity little boy. You are so interested in how everything works. You have to take everything apart before you'll play with it- even slide under it if needed. You get so stoked when you hear any type of engine and you love to play with tools. Dad lets you walk around with the drill. You LOVE it...me not so much. You also climb on anything that those clammy feet of yours will allow. Four-wheelers, lawn mowers, tables, stools, dressers you name it. How you even find a way on them is beyond me. And part of me thinks maybe I don't want to know.  Not to jinx ourselves but I have a feeling the doctor will be a good friend of the family's. (Knock on wood)
Lately, you've really been struggling with communicating. You're unable to speak besides the normal mom, dad, ball, more, etc...so you've had a hard time explaining what it is you want. It has been really frustrating for you- Not only frustrating for you, but for us as well.  I've hated watching you struggle through this when I see that you know exactly what you're trying to say. It breaks my heart. It'll come, buddy. For now, whining, pointing, head nodding and finger grabbing have somehow helped us managed. I hope you get it all figured out real soon. Your dad and I have been working really hard on helping you sound stuff out. Every day I see a little more progress, and with that less and less whining. I think bringing baby home hasn't helped the situation. I've tried really hard to make sure you don't feel invisible and that I still have time for you. Although with two kids you're getting split time. We're working on it.
 Knox, you have been the absolute dream of a kid. Your dad and I couldn't have asked for an easier kid to be around. We want to take you everywhere and you have made life so much more fun. We thank Heavenly Father every single day that you're apart of our family. That we were lucky enough to have your sweet spirit in our home. Madden is lucky to have you as his brother and I can already tell you two will have a special bond. We cannot wait to see what great and amazing thing things you will do in this world. We love you so so much!             Dad & Mom

Knox Updates

-You know the actions to itsy-bitsy spider, Monkeys jumping on the bed, bringing home a baby bumble-bee and popcorn popping. You love to sing. 

-You are the funniest person to wrestle with- All things go with you. You grit your teeth and squeeze around my neck until I give. You grunt for the both of us and you like to 'pin' us and most often then not, sit on my face. Coincidentally right after you've pooped. Bone crusher and steam roller are you fav. However, I've recently found your a bit claustrophobic :)

-Whenever we hear, "Ah- HA", we know you've figured out something that you are NOT supposed to be in.  
-You like to hold and hug death squeeze Mads and stick your finger in his binky while he sucks. You want to hold him 156878948 times a day and you're on cloud nine if he grazes you with his hand. Oh, and you like to grab his fist and lick it???

-You make noises for cats, dogs, pigs, horses, fish, chickens, snakes, birds and best of all Dad's Trans Am...which is a mixture between the cats and birds. Drives dad NUTS! haha 

-You have to wear your hat everywhere you go. It's hung by the garage door and you point and squawk until we get it down. You have to be like daddy  

-You make an "O" with your lips whenever you are surprised by something. 

-At night after we bath, brush teeth, and kneel for prayer, you point to every member of our family-including Jesus. You know him - And I hope you always do.   

-You're a champ when it comes to water. You could care less that it's freezing lake water in June- Your all over it and cry when we make you get out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment