Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Skipping Summer

A person can only be cooped up so long before they start losing it. Unfortunately I reached that point a looooong time ago. Summer is coming to an end but sadly, it's just beginning for our family. Madden is two months old now and he's finally feeling less porcelain to me. We've been able to get out and play a bit and I didn't realize just how much I needed that. Anyone that tells you two kids are a piece of cake, let alone having them so close together is flat out lying to you! Two kids have definitely been an adjustment for me. It's funny how you have your first kid and you feel so incredibly busy. You don't get showered until noon and your hair gets fixed only half the time. PALEAAASE! Now I'm lucky if I even get showered and if I do, we air dry. The house is a disaster and no matter how much you clean things throughout the day you realize that within the hour, it will look like you haven't touched a thing. I have permanent bags under my eyes, food smears on my shirt and it's a happy day if I've even gotten out of my sweats. Most days Knox does pretty good with Madden. Others, his mission is to poke Mad's eyes out and jump over him while he's running- This usually ends in both kids crying. He begs to hold Madden and thinks he's pretty cool stuff. Like I said, it's an absolute guessing game as to whether or not Knox will want to make out with his cheek or death squeeze him until he's red and I finally unlatch his stubby finger grip. He also likes to start off patting his belly really nice and soft and with each pat gets harder and harder while gritting his teeth. I  have such a strange child....
Knox has actually done better with sharing attention than I had expected. At first he would kind of just stand around and look confused at me while I fed or held Madden. Now, the little stink knows he has a solid fifteen minutes or so of freedom to get in to the "no no's". He also knows that the discipline comes about four or five warnings later rather than one or two. Smart kid. But without fail, evening bring tired, hungry, fussy-with-no-reason to be, kids. That's usually when I'm trying to get both boys fed, bathed, books read, prayers said and in bed. It's nice when Kendell is home to help in the evenings. I absolutely love my crazy, chaotic days...but I sure enjoy eating a large bowl of ice cream while watching meaningless TV and zonking out for the next hour while folding clean laundry that has sat in its basket for two days. Is that horrible? Yikes. It sounds real bad now that I'm typing it.
All in all, we're all learning to adjust and I still can't wait to kiss their faces each morning. Even though it's all challenging, I know one day I will look back and shed a tear that it's over. I've made it a goal to take both that good and bad and love it- all while documenting. :)

Knox
*He pretends to talk on the phone with anything even remotely close to a phone. Garage door openers, drinks, lap top power cord, ect.  Usually he talks to dad...even if he's in the room. He jabbers and laughs and even makes it personal and has to leave the room.

*He uses a binky for naps and bedtime just to fall asleep. We take it out as soon as he is sleeping, however, this week we decided to get rid of it all together. I had him go out back and throw it to Boxer. He took his nap without it but not happily. Ill update you on how it went.

*He's obsessed with dill pickles. He'd eat the whole jar if I let him.

*Oh, and recently he has a Lloyd Christmas hair cut thanks to his ADD when it comes to me with scissors in my hand. I soon just started grabbing hair and cutting. Noooo good. Nooooo good :(

*Kendell bought a bike at a garage sale. He brought it home and had Knox on with him. Somehow Knox's foot got caught in the front tire. Nasty burn on his foot.

Madden
*HUGE time belly sleeper. He doesn't sleep well on his back at all- Switch him to his stomach and I have to wake his drooling face to get him to eat.

*He demands to be doted on. He does the CUTEST fake pout when he just wants to be held and snuggled. Whenever I kiss all up on him he makes little noises and closes him eyes and no joke, grins. He LOVES him some lovin'. I don't mind :)

* He refuses to sleep in his crib. I will be up all night coaxing him to stay in that stupid thing. Finally, in desperation for some sleep I sneak him between Kendell and I and he's out before I even get situated and somehow I wake up to him with his whole face in my arm pit and I'm on the edge of the bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment