Over the past few weeks I've thought really hard about my boys and the things I'm teaching, things I should be teaching, and things they must learn on their own. Lately, we've been really stuggling with Knox and hitting/whining. He isn't really talking yet although extremely verbal. He makes the correct sound for just about anything and jabbers all day long- mostly on his "phones". He understands most everything we tell him and for the most part, can follow comands. However, his situation becomes extrememly frustrating when being around other little kids. He can't express himself with words and as most toddlers struggles to share. I have really tried to make it a priority to read books, sing songs, and sound out words. Kendell and I find comfort when told that it will come. With that being said, Knox suprisingly does REALLY well with Madden. He is so kind and attentive, way more than I thought he would be. He has his occasional episodes, but mostly he just wants to be by Mad's and hold his leg. haha. If Knox noticies Mad's pacifier out of his mouth, he'll run to him and patiently try to stick it back in. If he's crying, Knox will pat his belly and hold his hand. He constantly wants to kiss his face, give hugs or sit him on his lap. I can already see the love and compassion he has for his little brother and words cannot express how much that warms my heart. Although my siblings and I fought like crazy, I always knew that I could turn to them for help. As a parent, I hope for that. I hope that my children, if nothing else, consider their siblings a best friend and find comfort and companionship in a world were nothing is constant. I hope they can build one another up in a way that Kendell and I can't. I hope that they trust, respect and value one another's opinion. I pray our home reflects the things which we believe and that it's a place of love and refuge. Above all, I hope they love their Savior and strive to make it back to their Father in Heaven someday.
KNOX
* When asking Knox what sound Madden makes, he leans way back, ducks his chin and pretends to burp. It's strangely adorable
* The other day I laid him down in his big boy bed for night and around 3 am I heard a big thud. He had fallen out of bed. I decided to put him into his crib for the rest of the night because I wasn't really wanting to deal with it all right then. A couple hours later something is poking me and as I look to the side of my bed, there is knox....out of his crib and naked.
* After breakfast one morning, I decided to bath him because he had food everywhere. I set him in the tub and sat just inside the door with my computer to finish what I was doing. I looked up to find Knox standing up, looking me square in the eye and pooping. He then started splashing in it. I hurried and got him out and switched over to my tub. I cleaned him off, got him dressed and started cleaning the mess. By the time I finished it was time for his nap so I laid him down in his crib, when I returned not 5 minutes later I found him face down, and a diaperless bum in the air. This isn't the only insident of it's kind. Some kind of a sick joke if you ask me. :)
* He thoroughly enjoys going into our movie room and removing all the dvd's from their cases and then spreading them all over the room.
* He likes to unwrap the crayons and bang them against the counter until the pointy edge is flat.
* He loves to put things on his head and run around the house using it as a cap...and stopping every once in a while to clean something and then puts it back on his head.
* Favorite movie is monsters inc. and it still scares him, everytime.
* Favorite snack currently is the Nilla Waffer
* After I get him ready for bed and we kneel down for prayer he will yell and yell for dad and baby Mad's come pray even if dads at work....and usually throughout the prayer. He also squints his eyes shut SO hard.
MADDEN
* Coos like crazy! He is also SUCH a cheeser. He smiles at just about everything and thinks Knox is hysterical. And he is.
* He is constantly kicking his feet wanting you to play with him. He has the sweetest sound he makes at you if you aren't paying enough attention to him.
* Don't you dare take away his food when he's eating! He eats every 3 hours on the dot and gets super upset if you take his food away to burp him.
* He loves it outside and will stop crying as soon as you walk out the door.
* If I let him he'd bounce all day long.
No comments:
Post a Comment