I thought for sure the big 30 was going to be a hard one for Kendell to swallow. Turns out he was a brave soul and didn't shed a single tear. Yesterday was our daddy's birthday and we celebrated it the way all good birthdays should be celebrated; eating a tigers ear at the state fair! He had just finished his set of nights when we filled our pockets with cash, packed the car and set off for the fair. It was such an enjoyable day. Madden was out cold, Knox loved the animals (and randomly shouted the sounds they make through out the day), Kendell coveted the toy haulers and I cussed the blazing hot sun. So.. just the norm. :) Both boys rode in the stroller and we walked the loop. I know I'll get flack for saying this...but Kendell and I aren't at all the crazed-fair-food-fanatic. Don't get me wrong, I like myself a greasy hamburger, but I guess I'm just too cheap to buy overpriced items on a stick, dipped and fried in something bizzar. I could buy dozens of corn dogs for the price of one mediocre corn dog there. But hey...it IS on a stick....I know I'm being so 'Debby Downer'. haha I just don't see how people can buy and eat a million things and not feel absolutely sick! Needless to say, this family picked up Wendy's before hand, shared a Tigers Ear and two peach/strawberry smoothies. I guess to each their own. Afterwards, we headed home and started on our bedtime routines. I bathed the boys and was about to start dinner and Kendell decided he wanted to top this birthday off with a quick boat trip in the river even though it was 7:00. I looked around at my two kids, hungry and SO ready for bed (Nappless Knox was a grouch and had his eyes screamed it) and then back again at my blue eyed hubby and once again...we packed the car and were off to the river. My dad and brother met us there. It was the perfect way to end the day and most likely the season. I even got some pretty fun shots of our birthday boy and the sunset. Needless to say, it was a pretty great day and I hope it was the perfect way to send Kendell into his old-hood. :) We sure love him and the part he plays in our family. Happy Birthday, babe! 30 looks good on you!!
30 things I love about you
1. Your smoking hot
2. Humble
3. The funnest dad and the best car sounds
4. My best friend
5. Dances like a moron with me and Knox
6. Pronounces words funny
7. Helps me fold laundry
8. Will tickle my back for hours, literally.
9. Goes along with my ridiculousness
10. Smart
11. Low maintanance
12. Would eat hot pockets for every meal and wouldn't say a word (I've been a pathetic cook lately, as in I'm not doing it. haha)
13. Makes me my favorite peach shakes and puts too much sugar :)
14. Loves adventure
15. He keeps me out of my comfort zone
16. Genuinely loves to play- all things really.
17. Kendell is SUCH a handy-man
18. Has such a fun sense of humor
19. Would do anything to help someone
20. Hard worker. Always looking for ways to provide for our family
21. Keeps me warm at night
22. Pretends to be interested in my paint/decor/clothes/hair questions
23. Is such a little kid at heart.
24. Does dishes
25. Spontanious
26. Creative
27. His laugh/ snap
28. I love his butt :) Ya, I said it
29. He dislikes cats
30. He's a country boy
Of course we couldn't get a decent picture of all of us. Dang shame..
Seriously, he never pulls the same face twice.
All day long Knox tries to push the limits and make his life so much more interesting and thrilling than todderly possible. Here's todays..
Annnnnnd of course he falls
Poor Boxer :(
My Birthday Hunk!
Knox, what does Boxer say?
My cute little brother, Tagg
No comments:
Post a Comment