Though not a holiday, Lake Placid tries with Christmas as my
favorite time of the year- both equally as merry. I look forward to this week
for many reasons. First, grad school and residencies has spread my siblings over a few
different states and it’s rare to have us all together. Also, its guaranteed
good food, stories, ‘loaded questions’ and of course a ton of time on the
water. This has been a tradition in my family ever since I was a little girl
and quite frankly… I rely on this trip for my summer’s tan burn. It’s essential really. It was a little chillier than usual but we had fun all the same. Each year we come up with a requirement of some sort that is
prepared before hand and shown on one of the evenings at Placid. Some of the
past have included ‘Awkward family photo’, ‘Family Meme’ and this year, a
video. As always, we are never disappointed and our sides hurt from laughing.
It’s priceless. Originally Kendell and I didn’t know if we were going to make it
this year with a new baby, however, because
Madden came a month and a half early, we felt a little better about making the
trip. I’m so glad we did because I absolutely hate missing out, and after
having the week that we did in Placid I definitely would have been. It was so
good for Knox to spend time with cousins. Also, my parents got a pontoon this
year and honestly, I don’t know how we did without all these years. Here is the
week in summery.
Ps, Knox is a nightmare of a passenger. He is totally that kid that gets
car sick so we're constantly rolling down his window are saying, "Look out the window!" "Find a doggy!" He also bugs Madden until both of them end up crying. His attention span lasts about two hours TOPS until he's so stir crazy that we have to pull over to find some type of grass
for him to run circles on for a bit only to scream that he has to get
back in his seat. Cherry on top, he got my gene in the fact that he
hates/won't sleep sitting straight up. He has to be completely flat. So
the cat naps were as good as it got even when we were still driving at
one in the morning. He's a delight....
Grandpa-stiltskin walk
Tagg is always so patient to follow Knox's busy body around. He sure loves you, Tagg!
These two love birds skied 70% of the time. They also helped with our kids 50% of the time. THANKS!
Kurt and Michelle announced they are expecting baby #3 on February 22
No comments:
Post a Comment